Neogene Privacy Notice
Last updated on April 25, 2022
Neogene Therapeutics, Inc. and Neogene Therapeutics, B.V., (”Neogene,” “our,” “we” or “us”) respects your privacy and we want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, share, or otherwise process, your Personal Information. This Privacy Notice is meant to help you understand our privacy practices related to the Personal Information we collect from you or that you share with us when you visit and interact with us online, such as through our website (“Website” or “Websites”) or e-mail and when you participate in our clinical programs, apply for employment, or have other business interactions with us where we display or reference this Privacy Notice.
Information We May Collect
- Information you provide to us directly, such as contact information (e.g., name, e-mail address, telephone number, mailing address, etc.)
- Information related to your employment history, education, professional credentials, specialty, etc.
- Sensitive information, such as health-related, financial information, etc.
- Where permitted, your gender or ethnicity, should you choose to share this information with us
- Internet and electronic network activity information, such as information about your interactions with our online resources
- Inferences we derive from the information that we collect, as permitted
- Other types of information
Cookies, Web Server Data, & Other Technologies
- The type of web browser software you use
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet (including client and server IP addresses, usernames, ports, queries, or other status-related information)
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website.
- The date and time you access our Website
- Which pages you have visited on our Website
How We Use Your Information
- To communicate with you or respond to your communications or requests
- To recruit candidates for participation in research opportunities, such as clinical studies, or in conducting clinical activities.
- To recruit for employment purposes and new-hire onboarding activities, which may include: pre-employment screening, scheduling interviews, or communications regarding the application process
- To provide you with our services, or support-related activities
- To analyze and improve our services and business processes
- To conduct surveys, or polls and/or obtain testimonials
Information We Share With Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for various business purposes as described in this Privacy Notice or under specific circumstances, including:
- When we have your express permission to do so
- When it is reasonably necessary for our legitimate interests in conducting business, such as in the event a merger, acquisition, or sale
- To protect our legal rights and property
- To comply with the law, including a court order or legal process
- To protect someone’s health, safety, or welfare
We may also disclose your personal information to Service Providers, third-party companies, suppliers and/or individuals with which we have contracted to provide services, for purposes such as:
- Providing and improving our Websites and programs
- Supporting our clinical and other business activities
- Storing or transmitting your personal information
- Providing information technology infrastructure or services
- Sending email or other communications
When we share data with third-party service providers, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and for the limited reasons explained in this Privacy Statement. We also enter into agreements with these service providers to require them to protect your personal information appropriately.
Retaining Your Information
We will retain your personal information for the time-period required or allowed by applicable law. Otherwise, we keep your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to serve the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
International Transfers of Information
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage Service Providers. We will only permit the transfer your personal information when we are legally permitted to do so, for example, when we have established a legal basis such as:
- When we must transfer the information to fulfill our obligations under a contract or agreement we have entered with you
- When we must comply with a legal requirement such as required regulatory filings or reporting
- For the protection of vital interests
- For our legitimate business interests, and for other purposes allowed under applicable laws.
You should not use this Website if you do not want your personal information potentially transferred to, or otherwise processed in countries outside of your country of residence. Some countries to which your personal information may be transferred may have less-protective data protection laws than those of your country. In some limited cases, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
If you are located in the EEA, your Personal Information may be transferred to our affiliates or service providers in non-EEA countries that are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures to protect your personal information, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission.
Exercising Your Rights
We respect your rights to inquire about the personal information we have collected, used or disclosed.
Under certain laws, you may have the right to request access to, or deletion of, your personal information, as well as the right to object to the processing of your personal information. These rights may only apply under certain circumstances. In some cases, we may be unable (e.g., due to legal requirements) or not obligated to satisfy your request. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to provide us with information to verify your identity before we are able to comply with your request. In that case, we will only process any additional information you provide for the purpose of confirming your identity. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law, and if we are unable to comply with your request, we will provide you with an explanation.
You may contact us at email@example.com to exercise your rights related to personal information we have collected about you, or to update or correct personal information that you have provided to us
How We Safeguard Your Information
Although we cannot guarantee the security of activities, transmissions or communications conducted via the Internet, Neogene has implemented reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect personal information collected and used as described in this Privacy Notice.
We care about protecting children’s privacy. In some instances, we may collect personal information about children with the consent of a parent or guardian for purposes of conducting clinical activities or providing related clinical programs. We do not otherwise intentionally collect personal information from, or market to, children.
Our Website(s), however, are not intended for children, and encourage all parents and guardians to monitor their children’s use of the Internet. If you are a parent or guardian and think that we have collected personal information from a child, please contact us as described in the How To Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice.
Changes To This Privacy Notice
Neogene may update or make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time, at our discretion. We encourage you to visit this page periodically and to review our most current Privacy Notice and applicable effective date.
How To Contact Us
If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or wish to submit a request to exercise your rights related to the personal information we have collected about you, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.